We give our car and our bodies regular checkups, so why not our business software?
Could your entry level software packages be hindering your business growth? The well-known brands MYOB and QuickBooks are market leaders in providing accounting software for (most) small businesses in Australia and New Zealand. However, these entry level solutions find it difficult to scale upwards to suit growing businesses.
Research has shown that growing businesses sometimes prolong their move to more suitable software, which in turn encourages ongoing duplication of work and numerous workarounds. If you are unsure if this is the case for you, then let's do a little self diagnosis if you need to review your situation.
The following 8 questions are designed to establish if it is a good idea for you to consider changing software.
If your results show that you should consider a review of your software, Kennedy & Co and PBT are offereing a free 1 hour consultation to review your software and discuss your options with you. By completing the quiz, you are under no obligation to take up this free offer.
Please note, we will not share your information or data.
1. How many full time staff do you employ? 1-5 6-19 20-99 100+
2. What is the growth rate of your business(es)? negative flat single digit double digit
3. How many separate business software packages do you use? Include major Excel spreadsheets (e.g. pricing spreadsheet, or job costing sheets), access databases, custom developed applications. 1 2 3 4+
4. How many employees need to work with your business software systems? 1 2-5 6-10 11+
5. How easy is it to get the information from your systems when you need it e.g. reports, enquiries etc.? very easy easy hard very hard
6. What percentage of your business/operational requirements are met by your current software? 80%+ 60% 40% 20%
7. How many hours (on average) would you spend manually creating your reports each month? <8 hours 8-12 hours 12-24 hours 24+ hours
8. How well do you think you maintain your communication with your customers and suppliers (e.g. emails, phone call details etc)? very good good poorly very poorly
9. Are you happy to be contacted by Kennedy & Co or PBT to discuss your results? Yes No
How many legs on a typical dog? (e.g: 5)